Ligações de fim de semana…
- How art killed our culture e o “contra-artigo” de Michael Archer: Why Jonathan Jones is wrong about art killing culture.
- «It’s much like quantum physics in the sense that when people observe an experiment, the act of observing the experiment affects the experiment. There is no innocent observer.(…) Unfortunately he (Andy Warhol) was a terrible artist, and did more to trivialise art than anyone else other than Marcel Duchamp. (…) Andy was a first generation immigrant, he was a victim of violence, he was shot, he was a product of publicity, his work was done in a factory by other people, he was a great manipulator, he stole everybody’s ideas, and he ended up being very wealthy. How American can you get?» Excerto da entrevista que Karl-Peter Gottschalk fez ao fotógrafo Duane Michaels, que não é propriamente conhecido pelo timidez opinativa, vale a pena…
- JGS Forward Thinking Museum, vale bem o dinheiro da visita, este museu virtual de fotografia.
- «uma descrição rápida das componentes do pequeno mundo português da arte.» Nestes Escritos de Artista (8)
- Para terminar as sugestões da semana, este video sobre Stephen Shore, um dos grandes “coloristas” americanos, a par de William Eggleston, Joel Meyerowitz et al.